Purchasing a carpet is just like a huge life decision. Because you have to select from a plethora of choices and this can overwhelm you sometimes. Some people think that hard flooring is a great way to decorate your floor. However, some few people still know the authenticity and value of the cozy carpet. But you need to be very cautious when you decide to go for carpet flooring because you will be living with your choice for the next five to ten years. Here is a guide which will help you while purchasing your cozy
When you are selecting the carpet for your room, you need to be conscious regarding your floor area.
- Measure your floor area- After that, you need to measure the size so that your carpet doesn’t get under the furniture.
- If your carpet gets under the furniture, it can trouble you while cleaning. So if you measure the furniture area as well, it will be better for you.
- What Activities-After that, you need to ask yourself what activities you carry out in the space and how much traffic that space has. These answers will help you in choosing the right type of carpet you will need.
Now next thing you need to think about is material. Let’s talk about it now.
Material of the carpet
When it comes to the material, there are plenty of materials from which you can choose. You need to choose the material according to your needs.
Nylon is the top-most material if you are searching for something very strong and durable. This is very resilient and if you are searching for something which can last for a longer time. This should be the material that you must be looking for.
Apart from long durability even if you have high-trafficked areas and you are a family with kids and pets. So it is evident that you will have more stains on your carpet than anyone. So you need something which is highly durable and lasts for long-time.
Tencel is a very great fibre when it comes to carpets. Because this has one prime quality, so even if it gets wet, after drying it will return to its original colour.
However, if we talk about any other carpets, they can have a certain amount of discolouration when they dry after getting wet. When you are investing in a carpet, you don’t intend to repurchase it after 15 days or months.
But, if that carpet gets discoloured, you won’t have any other option other than replacing it. So, it is better to invest in something which won’t get affected by this.
Are you looking for a material which is silky and soft? You will rarely find something which is smoother than viscose. These carpets have something more to offer you, a viscose carpet has built-in insulators which will keep your room warm as well.
A viscose carpet is a very thick pile which will make you feel very luxurious and comforting. If we talk about pricing factors, viscose is relatively affordable, so if you desire for something like this than viscose is the material that you want for your carpet.
When it comes to pure silk for carpets, there are many reasons which will make you choose a pure silk carpet. Pure silk fibre has the maximum pulling strength than a similar thickness steel wire. Pure silk is really soft. So if you have pets and kids, you can definitely go for this material.
A pure silk carpet is fire-resistant, so if you have candle decoration in your room or similar, it is the best option for you.
If you are very conscious regarding the environment and wish to purchase a carpet made without harming the environment. Jute is your ideal option. Even the price of the jute carpet is significantly less.
Design of the carpet
Now you have measured your room and selected the carpet’s material, its time to select the design of the carpet.
- Interior Design-Now, as for design, you need to think again about the interior design of your room. Whether you have contemporary/Modernistic/Oriental/Asian/European or Traditional. Based on these factors, you need to select the design of the carpet. Now to match up your carpet’s vibe, you need to select a carpet according to that.
- Color Scheme- If we think about the color scheme, you need to select the carpet which you think will be more apt for your room.
So, if you think that you cannot find a rug that matches your vibe, you can also try out the customized rugs that will help you achieve the look you desire.
How to take care of your rug and carpet?
When it comes to taking care of your rug and carpet,
- Clean it once every month with a vacuum cleaner.
- Rotate it periodically.
- If you have pets, make sure that you sundry it at least once in a month.
Are you ready to purchase your ideal carpet or rug? You can customize your rug with minimal effort you just need to contact us and let us know about your requirements, and half of your work is already done. A customized rug is always best; you want everything according to your taste. Sometimes we feel that we are not able to find anything which is entirely ideal for us. In such situations, a customized rug is always best.
You could visit us at www.rugscarpetskelims.com or email us @ [email protected] for more information and help.